Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014


Since I was on a relative role today, I thought I'd stick to it and share a couple more pieces. These two are closely related in a series I have ongoing, the "Impressions" series, with a subset "Ancients" Most might not care particularly, but some do so I share a bit more of what I'm doing, why I do it and why there might be something that is seemingly silly...a subset in a series?! Yep. That would be me. I suspect I'll be moving in a different direction with a different theme here soon but thought I would share a bit more of this series.

If you choose not to link to the piece direct (you might want to though, detail close-ups reside there!) I'll share a bit more of the meaning and inspiration behind these two: 

I have always been fascinated by texture and contrasts and when I go to the beaches up here in Washington state, these two features abound. Rather than look at the whole, I look for sections of the whole, to see how it is all put together.
 

It might be rocks, rocks on the beach, rivulets that carve into the sand. Ancient pieces that make and remake a scene through time. Some times these look as if a human hand might have carved the "perfect hole" in a rock, only to be even more perfect because nature carved it herself.

There might be times where an old artifact is actually found, even if it's a lovely rusty old piece of farm equipment that a horse pulled, the beauty of nature comes along and sculpts something new until it's gone and then build upon, directly on top of that. These are things I'm thinking when I'm building this series of paintings.


So without further adieu, I bid you to venture into viewing these two new pieces in the store. Let me know what you think, would love to hear from you!

Ancient Invocations 24x24"

Ancient Messages 24x24"

No comments: